Here’s a cool math game to sharpen children’s math skills. All you need are pebbles , a marker and a plastic cup. And a calculator that acts as the judge
Collect pebbles and write a number from 1 to 10 with a marker on each pebble.
Play the math pebble game, get the kids to sit around you. Put the pebbles in a cup. Have the calculator ready and begin.
- Pour a few pebbles in full view of the kids
- Turn each pebble so the number on it is visible to all the children
- The first kid to shout out the correct total of the numbers wins the round. A calculator is used in full view of the kids to verify the answer.
- In case of the tie, the pebbles are split equally between the kids and the remainder goes back into the cup.
- When all the pebbles are gone, the kid with the most pebbles wins
Disney Fairies Learning Game Cards – Mystical Math – $1.67
For something more serious and to improve your kids math, try this:
Carson-Dellosa Publishing Problem Solving Math Game, w 6 Games, Grade 1 – $15.70
Problem-solving math games come nearly ready to play. All you need to do is cut and laminate the game pieces. Game pieces are color-coded to match four-color, game file folders so keeping them organized is easy. Provided answer keys give students the opportunity to play and learn together. Skills covered include patterning, sorting and classifying, inequalities, operations, and computation. Set includes six games, a resealable tote, preprinted game boards, answer keys and grade-level-specific skills..
- Beach family fun
- Orange treasure hunt